Just One Additional French Fry Option on Your Menu Can Instantly Increase Sales and Profits
One of the easiest ways to increase revenue is to increase the check average of the customers you already have. For many restaurants, French fries are one of the best areas on the menu that allow you to do that.
How do we know? Lamb-Weston recently asked 1,000 consumers and 300 foodservice operators about how they approach French fries. The results were clear…
Fact: Adding more options to the menu dramatically increases sales.
In the Lamb-Weston study, they focused on adding a second type of French fry to the menu. This second option was positioned as a ‘premium upgrade’ from their regular offering. What they found in adding that second option was:
- 83% of operators reported an increase in overall French fry sales of up to 20%
- 86% of operators said their menu appealed to a broader range of customers.
- 81% of customers said they’d order fries more often if the establishment offered more fry options that resonated with them.
- 77% of customers want their favorite restaurant to offer more than just their ‘standard’ fry offering.
- In one case study, simply offering a second French fry option increased gross profits 28%.
Gourmet Fries Seasonings Provide 8 Instant French Fry Options
Our Gourmet Fries Seasoning can help you instantly tap into the huge revenue and profit potential that’s already there.
With eight innovative flavors your customers already crave, our Gourmet Fries Seasoning makes it easy to provide your customers with additional options while providing great value
How Can More French Fry Options Impact Your Restaurant?
- Calculate how many orders of fries you sell each week.
- Assume 50% of your customers would upgrade to an innovative offering if given the choice.
- With a minimal up-charge of 50-cents, how much additional revenue would that produce?
- With a low investment of 3-cents per serving, how much additional profit would that generate?
You can play around with the numbers to best mirror how your restaurant would handle it, but the numbers don’t lie.
This one simple shift in menu offering is a fantastic ROI and one of the quickest and easiest ways to maximize your menu potential.
How to Try it Out In Your Restaurant:
- Pick a flavor and run it as a special offer for a week. When someone orders a burger and fries, have your servers ask them if they’d like to try your fun new Garlic and Parmesan fries today.
- Are they ordering fish? Have your servers suggest that your special Salt & Vinegar fries would go great with that.
- Did they order wings? Have your servers ask if they ‘want to get wild’ and pair them with some Wild Buffalo fries.
You can experiment with a single flavor or offer a wide variety. The key is to actively communicate your new offering to your customers in ways that makes sense and appeal to their tastes. Let your servers try your new flavored fries and their excitement will effortlessly carry over to their guests.
Watch the Profits Stack Up Fast
- Did your overall fry sales increase compared to your average?
- Did a high percentage of your fry sales come from your special offering?
- Did you notice an increase in overall check averages?
The answer to all three should be a resounding ‘YES!’
Ready to try your own experiment and see how easy it is to boost your revenues and profits immediately?
Contact us today and we’ll help design a plan that’s right for you. We even have great POS displays and tools to help let your customers know they have some exciting new choices.
Or view our complete line of Gourmet Fries Seasoning here. We’ll ship your order immediately.
You can also use them on MORE than just fries. See some other great recipe ideas here!
Feature image by: Biso – Wikimedia Commons